Preparing for Winter Camp
Check In & Check Out
Camp Check In
Arrivals are on Saturdays at 3:00 pm at the address below:
Whistler Athlete Centre
1080 Legacy Way
Whistler, BC. V8E 0K3.
If you need airport transportation, please request it in the registration form and submit a completed Airport Transportation Request Form.
Camp Check Out
Departures are on Saturdays at 10:00 am. Airport transfers will be addressed individually depending on the travel times.
Our day camp operates from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Pick Up and Drop off at 1080 Legacy Way.
We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance to provide reimbursement in the event your child is unable to attend. This insurance should be purchased at about the same time as enrolment. The insurance should specifically cover summer camp and outdoor adventure programmes: Allianz, Trav Mark, Travel Guard International, and InsureMyTrip.com are a few reputable providers families have used in the past.
This list provides a guideline of what is needed at camp.
The camp provides: Transportation to and from base camp to mountain, all meals, 24 hr counselor supervision on/off mountain and activities.
It is essential to attach name tags to every article of clothing, bedding and equipment.
Care should be taken to see that name tags are wash proof and securely ironed or sewn on. Mark all footwear and equipment.
• Comfortable athletic and casual clothing.
• Ski, boots, poles and helmet OR snowboard, boots and helmets.
• We recommend that kids bring at least three sets of Merino wool base layers.
• Ski jacket and pants (waterproof & insulated).
• Fleece jacket and extra warm layers.
• 2 x pairs of snow goretex winter gloves.
• Winter woolen hat, neck warmer.
• Goggles & sunglasses.
• Merino wool socks x 7 pairs.
• Day pack for personal items on the mountain.
• Insulated thermos for hot drinks.
• Water bottle.
• Swim suit, sandals & towel for hot tub or pool.
• Winter boots with good grip on soles.
• Personal hygiene items (tooth brush/paste, soap, shampoo, etc).
• Factor +50 SPF face & body sunscreen.
• A headlamp and batteries.
• Books, board games, kindle are welcome.
Campers must wear the camp vest every day for easy visual identification as the groups move through their daily activities & on the mountain. They will get one vest the first day of camp and you can purchase additional ones if needed.
Camp fees include one load of laundry (washer, dryer and detergent) for the 2 week session. Laundry day is on Sunday, half way through the session. Make sure your child has enough clean clothing for the first week. Counselors may help campers to do their laundry.
Communicating with Campers
Campers can contact their parents anytime during their free time either by phone or email using their own phone or the camp’s phone/computer.
Parents contacting their children:
For non-emergencies please send a letter to your child/children by email to [email protected] our staff will pass the message along.
This method helps us keep the camp line available for emergency situations, it also helps your children integrate better and faster at camp. You may also request a phone call from your child by email.
For emergencies, please call or email us. The camp line is open 24/7, however avoid nonemergency calls after 10 pm and before 8 am as our staff also need a good rest.